vision and principles inheritance
We have drawn up a number of principles for the layout of the yard that should ultimately contribute to a yard with its own identity and that should welcome visitors to the store and cheese museum. It is also about creating an attractive outdoor space for the guests of the Bed & Breakfast.
The principles are:
- Creating an attractive yard that radiates hospitality.
- Making a contrast between the front and the back of the yard.
- Strengthen the identity and unity of the building ensemble.
- Developing a coherent and recognizable planting plan that is in line with the traditions of the area.
- Choosing a paving concept that supports and clarifies the functions in the yard.
- Creating peace in the yard. Avoiding elements that contribute to a messy impression.
- Keep free from the facade of the shop and cheese museum. Do not ‘stick’ the terrace to the building.
- Restricted use of signs. A lot of attention for placement and appearance (agricultural atmosphere of the yard).
- Keeping / restoring sight line to the peat meadow landscape and mill behind.